dayfifty

The day that changed everything. The day I found out I’m going to be a mom.

26 August 2011

day 57

image by moi

finding out i am pregnant was not like i thought it would be. 

for one, it took a shit ton longer than i'd hoped to get pregnant. i now know, that it wasn't really that long at all [around 11 months] and it probably would have happened a load quicker if i could have gotten my shit together and calculated my dates out properly.

i began this journey an obsessive 'i want to get pregnant and have a baby before i'm 30' freak. my husband would probably say i'm still pretty close to that description but i have relaxed. considerably so. honest. i obsessed over dates and wrote everything down. i was convinced i was so in tune with my body that i knew when i was ovulating. i didn't.

i didn't even consult an ovulation test till we we're a good 6 to 8 months into this ride. i was undoubtable naive about the whole thing.

still, nearly a year after we embarked on this crazy idea, here it is. finally. pregnant. no bugger knows and i haven't even spoke to a midwife yet [hurry up and just call me already would you!!!]. patience is a virtue. but it isn't one i possess. sadly. so this journey will most definitely be an interesting one.

but when my boy brought over that bloody test stick thing on day fifty, with a glum look on his face, i was convinced my body had duped me. AGAIN. but no. not this time. this time it was mb playing games with me and i was then faced with the little LCD screen you see sitting above these words. i was stunned. silent. happy. shit scared and massively excited. mb had tears in his eyes. it was really very special. THE moment. one that will shape our lives forever, no doubt about that.

i hope any of you who are waiting for this news have it very soon. i reckon it's worth waiting for. plus mb and i got to do some crazy good stuff that i wouldn't have been able to do with-child, which i'll post about at a later date. Update - le castor called in the time it tool to write and post this as you may have seen on the previous post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The day that changed everything. The day I found out I'm going to be a mom.

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My Photo
South Yorkshire, United Kingdom


Hello poppet.

I'm Stephy-Lou, a new-mom tackling parenting one day at a time.

Follow my general misdemeanors at hellopoppet.com or check out our pregnancy & parenting adventures at dayfifty.blogspot.com

Latest Pins
-->

You can follow me at..

Instagram